Category: djazwsdhzctn

‘Disinfecting non-stop’ as Italy faces two new virus outbreaks

first_imgMany of the windows were shuttered in the orange brick block of flats, typical of the buildings that sprang up in the outskirts of Rome during the 1970s.The squatters also receive aid from an NGO.An employee at a nearby grocery store who gave his name only as Ion said the inhabitants were both South American and Italian, “working people, mainly families”.He added that some of the flats share toilets.”This doesn’t worry us very much,” he said. “We’re wearing masks and being careful.”But Raffaele, a 77-year-old who lives nearby, complained that “there is absolutely no check (on) constant comings and goings of people from all over the world.”He said he feared that such transience could help spread the coronavirus. “Let’s say we are being very careful, we are disinfecting non-stop.”  ‘No illusions’ Meanwhile two army vehicles were stationed outside the San Raffaele Pisana hospital on Sunday, but the situation appeared under control.Health officials said rigorous contact tracing was under way, with some 200 recent patients being tested.The two new outbreaks of COVID-19 came as Italy was re-emerging from lockdown in a phased process that began in early May.The epidemic appeared under control even in its epicenter in the northern Lombardy region.”No one had any illusions that the problems were over,” WHO deputy director Ranieri Guerra told Italian journalists. “It means the virus hasn’t lost its infectiousness, it isn’t weakening… we shouldn’t let down our guard.”However, the Italian immunologist added: “Such micro-outbreaks were inevitable, but they are limited in time and space. And today we have the tools to intercept them and confine them.”Italy, which went under nationwide quarantine on March 10, has been one of the hardest-hit countries in the world by COVID-19, mostly in the north.  Topics : Rome’s regional COVID-19 crisis center said all those who tested positive for the virus at the illegally occupied building had been transferred. All their contacts were identified and 108 tests were carried out.After the uproar of blaring ambulances to handle the new cluster of cases, the southern working-class district of Garbatella returned to normal on Sunday, apart from the police tape and a squad car outside the building, as well as a posse of journalists.Mask-wearing shoppers could be seen buying groceries, a man walking his dog, another throwing garbage into an overflowing bin.”Occupants who are still in the building are confined there,” a police officer told AFP, adding that the Red Cross was delivering food to them. Yellow police tape — a familiar sight across Italy since the coronavirus began sweeping the country in March — reappeared at the weekend outside a Rome squat where around 15 new cases have emerged.Health workers insist the outbreak among squatters including a Peruvian family is under control, at a time when Italy is cautiously relaxing measures to contain the disease that has claimed more than 34,000 lives.A second outbreak was far bigger and occurred at a hospital on the western edge of Rome, with 109 cases and five deaths.last_img read more

read more

Laurel Schools placed on lockdown Wednesday

first_imgLAUREL, Ind. — Laurel Elementary and Junior High Schools were placed on lockdown on Wednesday afternoon.Around 12:45, the Franklin County Sheriff’s Department responded to a 911 call regarding a disoriented person wandering the hallways of the school.The school went into immediate lock down. Officers were able to locate a male, in his 30s, in the office area.Officers investigated and discovered that the individual was attending a Christmas program at the school, and got up to use the restroom, but became disoriented and began wandering the hallways.As a precaution the school was placed on lockdown and police were called for assistance.Officers obtained his identity and located his companion.The school was on lockdown for approximately 45 minutes while officers investigated.No charges are being filed.last_img read more

read more

Other Sports Kidambi Srikanth, Prannoy crash out; Sai Praneeth progresses in Thailand Open

first_imgNew Delhi: Ace Indian shuttlers Saina Nehwal and Kidambi Srikanth crashed out of the Thailand Open after suffering forgettable defeats but B Sai Praneeth sailed into the quarterfinals of the men’s singles here on Thursday. Seventh seed Saina, who returned to action after nearly two months, squandered a game advantage to lose 21-16 11-21 14-21 against unseeded Sayaka Takahashi of Japan in a women’s singles second round duel that lasted 48 minutes.In the absence of PV Sindhu, who withdrew in the last minute from the event, Saina’s ouster marks the end of India’s campaign in women’s singles.Saina had earlier made last-minute withdrawals from Indonesia Open and last week’s Japan Open because of injuries.Later, fifth seed Srikanth too wasted a game’s lead to bow out against less-fancied Khosit Phetpradab of Thailand 21-11 16-21 12-21 in the second round of the men’s singles. To add to India’s woes, unseeded Indian shuttlers Parupalli Kashyap and H S Prannoy too bowed out without a fight. While Kashyap was no match for third seed Chou Tien Chen of Chinese Taipei, losing 9-21 14-21 in just 33 minutes, Prannoy suffered a 17-21 10-21 defeat against sixth seed Kenta Nishimoto of Japan.But Sai Praneeth, who reached the semifinals of Japan Open last week, continued his good form and stormed into the last-eight round with a comfortable 21-18 21-19 win over compatriot Shubhankar Dey.Sai Praneeth will be up against seventh seed Kanta Tsuneyama of Japan in the next round.However, it was good news for India in the men’s doubles event as the pair of Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty moved into the quarterfinals after registering a straight-game 21-17 21-19 win over Indonesian combination of Fajar Alfian and Muhammad Rian Ardianto.The India duo will next play qualifiers Choi Solgyu and Seo Seung Jae of Korea on Friday. In mixed doubles, while the pair of Rankireddy and Ashwini Ponappa defeated Indonesia’s Alfian Eko Prasetya and Marsheilla Gischa Islami 21-18 21-19 to make it to the last-eight round, the other Indian duo of Pranaav Jerry Chopra and N Sikki Reddy lost 16-21 11-21 to eight seeds Tang Chun Man and Tse Ying Suet of Hong Kong to bow out of the tournament. Rankireddy and Ponnappa will next play against third seeded Japanese combination of Yuta Watanabe and Arisa Higashino.(Inputs: PTI) For all the Latest Sports News News, Other Sports News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.last_img read more

read more

Diego Costa Completes Atletico Medical, Switch Sealed

first_imgStriker Diego Costa has completed his move back to Atletico Madrid from Premier League champions Chelsea.The two clubs agreed terms last week and the 28-year-old Spain international passed his medical on Monday.However, he cannot be registered to play for the La Liga side until January 1, when the club’s transfer window ban comes to an end.Costa left Atletico for Chelsea in 2014 and scored 59 goals in 120 games appearances for the Blues.He won two Premier League titles and the League Cup with the club, but found himself exiled at Stamford Bridge over the summer.Costa was told by text message that he was not in boss Antonio Conte’s plans for this season and he spent much of August in his native Brazil.Conte takes his Chelsea team to Atletico Madrid in the Champions League on Wednesday, and he said of Costa: “As I’ve said before, I have no problems with Diego. “We wish the best for him in the future and the rest of the season.”Problems between Costa and Chelsea surfaced earlier in the year when he was left out of the Chelsea side for an away match at Leicester having been involved in a dispute with a fitness coach.This followed reports of an offer from China that would have been worth £30m a year in salary. At the time, Chelsea said they had no intention of selling him.Later in that month, Tianjin Quanjian’s owner said a bid to sign Costa had been scuppered by new rules over foreign players in the Chinese Super League.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegramlast_img read more

read more

AWCON 2018 FALL OUT: Oshoala, Ordega Dropped, Oparanozie Missing from Africa…

first_imgThe Super Falcons may have won a ninth AWCON, but African Footballer of the Year Asisat Oshoala faces a tough task retaining her individual title after she and compatriot Francisca Ordega were dropped from the Official CAF 2018 Tournament XI.Both players had featured in the first round selection, but were only named as subs in the final competition fantasy team.Falcons heroic goalkeeper Tochukwu Oluehi and defender Onome Ebi retained their places in the main selection.However, Oparanozie, who was in the first round team, was left out altogether.The bulky striker, who was the match winner when Nigeria won an eighth AWCON at the expense of hosts Cameroon, was also missing for the Super Falcons in Saturday’s final against South Africa.Oshoala, Ordega and Oparanozie could face a Herculean task in the race for this year’s CAF Women’s Footballer of the Year after they were named alongside Oluehi and Ebi.South Africa’s Thembi Kgatlana, who was both 2018 AWCON MVP and top scorer, will now be hot favourite to topple Oshoala as the best African player for the outgoing year.Best XI
Goalkeeper: Tochukwu Oluehi (Nigeria)Defenders: Lebohang Ramalepe (South Africa), Janine Van Wyk (South Africa), Onome Ebi (Nigeria), Claudine Meffometou Tcheno (Cameroon)Midfielders: Raissa Feudjio (Cameroon), Marlyse Ngo Ndoumbouk (Cameroon), Elizabeth Addo (Ghana)Forwards: Gabrielle Aboudi Onguene (Cameroon), Chrestinah Thembi Kgatlana (South Africa), Bassira Toure (Mali)Substitutes
Kaylin Swart (South Africa), Asisat Oshoala (Nigeria), Linda Motlhalo (South Africa), Genevieve Ngo Mbeleck (Cameroon), Francisa Ordega (Nigeria), Fatoumata Diarra (Mali)Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegramlast_img read more

read more

Ancelotti, Mourinho Join Covid-19 Battle

first_imgCarlo Ancelotti surprised an Everton fan with motor neurone disease while Jose Mourinho helped deliver care packages as Premier League managers joined in the battle against the coronavirus crisis.The English top flight has been suspended until at least April 30 due to the pandemic but clubs and managers are pitching in to help vulnerable, isolated people.Everton manager Ancelotti joined his club’s “Blue Family” community campaign, making a phonecall to Mark Cruise, a 52-year-old Everton fan diagnosed with motor neurone disease last year. In a video posted on Everton’s Twitter feed, Ancelotti initially caught the disbelieving supporter by surprise.“Hi Mark, how are you? I’m Carlo,” Ancelotti, 60, said.“Who is it?,” Cruise replied.“I’m the manager of Everton. I know that you are a fan of Everton,” said Ancelotti before Cruise responded: “I’m a big fan of you Mr Ancelotti, you are a top fella.”The Italian chatted with Cruise about his favourite Everton games, insisting that he should address him as “Carlo”, not “Mr Ancelotti”.“Usually in Italy, Mr is a man of great importance. I’m not so important, I’m just a manager,” joked the boss.He revealed his fears for friends and his sister in Italy, which has been hit hard by the virus.Tottenham boss Mourinho has been working with Age UK and community group Love Your Doorstep to deliver vital supplies such as food and medication to those in need.“I came to give some support to Age UK, Enfield and Love Your Doorstep, Enfield, to help people in our club’s local community,” said the 57-year-old, who was photographed packing up supplies wearing a face mask and gloves.“It is a difficult time for everyone right now, particularly among the elderly, so I want to offer my assistance in any way I can.”Tottenham’s London rivals Arsenal have pledged £100,000 ($117,000) to local charities fighting the virus. Gunners manager Mikel Arteta tested positive for the virus earlier this month but has now recovered.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegramlast_img read more

read more

AYC 2013:Sellas wants Black Satellites reaction

first_imgGhana U-20 coach Sellas Tetteh has urged his side to reassert their hopes of qualification in Group A of the 2013 African U-20 Championship.The Black Satellites got off to a slow start after being beaten 2-1 by Egypt but they now need to improve in their next match against Benin on Tuesday at 17:30 GMT in Ain Temouchent.“I thought we deserved a draw from that game, but that’s football. We made a defensive mistake and they capitalized but we will learn from it and come stronger against Benin.“I have been in similar situations before and even worse, the response is not to feel you have to rush but take time to do what we can do and do it well. Ghana won’t give up and we will need a bit of luck too because that too is needed in football,” said Sellas Tetteh ahead of the second group match.Sellas Tetteh’s side, bottom of the table after the first round of matches know that, their next two games in the tough group will shape their campaign.“We know the margins are narrowing but we are not panicking as this group phase is all about three matches. We have had a slow start but the battle is not over yet and we face a tough Benin prepared and ready to improve on our last performance,” the Ghana coach said. The eight-team finals will see the top four teams qualifying to represent Africa at the 2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Turkey.last_img read more

read more

Youth League: The Big Project is Progressing Well and Has Excellent Foundations for the Future

first_imgThe Basketball Union of B&H and USAID at the beginning of this year started a very interesting project. Specifically, for the first time the youth league in the area of B&H has been formed, with participation of 36 men’s teams and 14 women’s teams.This project has already started to give great results and the B&H Union will have great use from this project. In this way the future B&H representatives will be created, children from the streets will be removed and it would enable children who have no money to have a future in sports.“Budućnosti” team from Bijeljina is the leader in the junior category with 7 wins and one defeat, while “Basket” team is in second place.As for the cadet competition, the team “Koša” is in first place with 7 wins, while Basket is in first place in the category of pioneers with 8 wins. “Jedinstvo” is in first place in the junior category for girls with 3 wins. Bugojno BH Telecom is in second place, while Čelik is in third place.(Source: KS BIH)last_img read more

read more

Movie ‘Tin Cup’ playing at Wellington Regent tonight

first_imgSumner Newscow report — Because of the Kansas Junior Championship being in Wellington this week, the Regent Theater is hosting the showing of “Tin Cup” starring Kevin Costner at the Wellington Regent at 7:30 p.m. tonight. Great time to go down and watch a movie classic on the big screen with some of the best young golfers in the state of Kansas.Follow us on Twitter. Close Forgot password? Please put in your email: Send me my password! Close message Login This blog post All blog posts Subscribe to this blog post’s comments through… RSS Feed Subscribe via email Subscribe Subscribe to this blog’s comments through… RSS Feed Subscribe via email Subscribe Follow the discussion Comments Logging you in… Close Login to IntenseDebate Or create an account Username or Email: Password: Forgot login? Cancel Login Close WordPress.com Username or Email: Password: Lost your password? Cancel Login Dashboard | Edit profile | Logout Logged in as Admin Options Disable comments for this page Save Settings You are about to flag this comment as being inappropriate. Please explain why you are flagging this comment in the text box below and submit your report. The blog admin will be notified. Thank you for your input. There are no comments posted yet. Be the first one! Post a new comment Enter text right here! Comment as a Guest, or login: Login to IntenseDebate Login to WordPress.com Login to Twitter Go back Tweet this comment Connected as (Logout) Email (optional) Not displayed publicly. Name Email Website (optional) Displayed next to your comments. Not displayed publicly. If you have a website, link to it here. Posting anonymously. Tweet this comment Submit Comment Subscribe to None Replies All new comments Comments by IntenseDebate Enter text right here! Reply as a Guest, or login: Login to IntenseDebate Login to WordPress.com Login to Twitter Go back Tweet this comment Connected as (Logout) Email (optional) Not displayed publicly. Name Email Website (optional) Displayed next to your comments. Not displayed publicly. If you have a website, link to it here. Posting anonymously. Tweet this comment Cancel Submit Comment Subscribe to None Replies All new commentslast_img read more

read more

Sumner Newscow weekly poll: The Earthquake question

first_imgAre you worried about a major Earthquake hitting Sumner County? Yes. No. Who knows? View Results  Loading …Follow us on Twitter. Close Forgot password? Please put in your email: Send me my password! Close message Login This blog post All blog posts Subscribe to this blog post’s comments through… RSS Feed Subscribe via email Subscribe Subscribe to this blog’s comments through… RSS Feed Subscribe via email Subscribe Follow the discussion Comment (1) Logging you in… Close Login to IntenseDebate Or create an account Username or Email: Password: Forgot login? Cancel Login Close WordPress.com Username or Email: Password: Lost your password? Cancel Login Dashboard | Edit profile | Logout Logged in as Admin Options Disable comments for this page Save Settings Sort by: Date Rating Last Activity Loading comments… You are about to flag this comment as being inappropriate. Please explain why you are flagging this comment in the text box below and submit your report. The blog admin will be notified. Thank you for your input. 0 Vote up Vote down JustMe · 238 weeks ago Guess it depends on the definition of “major”. Does that mean damage to my home that needs repair? Already have that (cracks at sheet rock seams). Damage that requires extensive/expensive repair? Death and destruction? Report Reply 0 replies · active 238 weeks ago Post a new comment Enter text right here! Comment as a Guest, or login: Login to IntenseDebate Login to WordPress.com Login to Twitter Go back Tweet this comment Connected as (Logout) Email (optional) Not displayed publicly. Name Email Website (optional) Displayed next to your comments. Not displayed publicly. If you have a website, link to it here. Posting anonymously. Tweet this comment Submit Comment Subscribe to None Replies All new comments Comments by IntenseDebate Enter text right here! Reply as a Guest, or login: Login to IntenseDebate Login to WordPress.com Login to Twitter Go back Tweet this comment Connected as (Logout) Email (optional) Not displayed publicly. Name Email Website (optional) Displayed next to your comments. Not displayed publicly. If you have a website, link to it here. Posting anonymously. Tweet this comment Cancel Submit Comment Subscribe to None Replies All new commentslast_img read more

read more