Steam emission over Taal’s main crater ‘steady’ for past 24 hours Jiro Manio arrested for stabbing man in Marikina That basket capped Lassiter’s amazing night, where he went 4-of-9 from beyond the arc to finish with 25 points. He also collected eight rebounds, four assists, and three steals.Lassiter noted that the grind out nature Game 2 had is a perfect microcosm on how tough this duel is for the Beermen as they continue their quest for a four-peat.“Every game is gonna be hard and we came out working extremely hard,” he said. “We give credit to Ginebra for they played extremely well in the first half. A lot of guys stepped up for them and it took us a while to figure out what they’re doing.”“But in the second half, I think our defense actually picked up a lot. We kinda dictated the tempo a little bit. From there, we were able to make some shots. Our pressure led to some turnovers, their turnovers led to some easy offense for us and it was good that we kept it close throughout the whole game.”Lassiter has been a lethal weapon for San Miguel so far in this series, averaging 21.0 points on 45 percent shooting from three, alongside 6.5 rebounds and 4.5 assists.“I just want to read the defense of Ginebra. I always want to play well and I want to continue to play team ball, just play our brand of San Miguel ball,” he said. “We know we have a great match over at June Mar in the post so we want to continue attacking, and just play and keep being aggressive.”Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next View comments Lassiter went left and drew the attention of Ginebra guard Scottie Thompson before quickly flicking the ball to June Mar Fajardo, who was wide open near the basket..@TheSMBeermen’s Marcio Lassiter talks about that game-winning play in OT. #PBA2018 pic.twitter.com/EB1tm5l8HFFEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSTim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crownSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folk— Randolph B. Leongson (@RLeongsonINQ) March 11, 2018 UK plans Brexit celebrations but warns businesses may suffer Photo by Tristan Tamayo/ INQUIRER.netFor Marcio Lassiter, San Miguel already fought too hard just to let go in the clutch of Game 2.Forcing overtime and a given one last chance to steal the game in the final seconds, Beermen coach Leo Austria went to Lassiter to make the game-winning play.ADVERTISEMENT Sea turtle trapped in net freed in Legazpi City “Coach drew it up. We wanted to get some action in for the pick-and-roll and I just kinda saw June Mar roll. I’m surprised he’s open, honestly. I thought they were going to switch but they didn’t.” he shared after lifting San Miguel to a 104-102 win for a 2-0 lead in the best-of-seven semifinals series.Lassiter could have just let Fajardo do his thing but he had the presence of mind to follow the play and when the four-time PBA MVP overshot his lay-up, the sweet-shooting swingman was there to beat the Gin King defenders to the ball and tip what would be the game-winning bucket with 3.2 seconds left.“I found June Mar and I just knew I had to finish the play. If ever they did any switch, he might have gotten a block or something. I just wanna be there just to tip it in, and that’s what happened,” he said.Here’s that game-winning play! #PBA2018 pic.twitter.com/UVX34O0BVd— Randolph B. Leongson (@RLeongsonINQ) March 11, 2018ADVERTISEMENT GALLERY: Barangay Ginebra back as PBA Governors’ Cup kings It’s too early to present Duterte’s ‘legacy’ – Lacson ABL: Alab slides to fourth after loss to Chong Son LATEST STORIES MOST READ Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Nueva Ecija warehouse making fake cigarettes raided, 29 Chinese workers nabbed Phivolcs records 2 ‘discrete weak ash explosions’ at Taal Volcano Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew
View comments Dave Chappelle donates P1 million to Taal relief operations After making 16 unforced errors and winning less than half the points on her serve in the first set, Halep completely reversed the momentum of the match, rediscovering her range and accuracy on the clay of Court Philippe-Chatrier.Riske, meanwhile, wilted and won only 22 points in losing the second and third sets.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkSPORTSTim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crown“It’s always tough to start the tournament,” said Halep, a finalist at Roland Garros last year and in 2014.The match, the last in the first round of the women’s draw, was postponed Tuesday before storms drenched Roland Garros. Romania’s Simona Halep celebrates a winning point as she plays Alison Riske of the U.S. during their first round match of the French Open tennis tournament at the Roland Garros stadium, Wednesday, May 30, 2018 in Paris. (AP Photo/Alessandra Tarantino)PARIS — Top-ranked Simona Halep overcame some opening-match nerves to advance to the second round of the French Open on Wednesday, beating 83rd-ranked Alison Riske of the United States 2-6, 6-1, 6-1.Halep took a bathroom break after Riske jumped out to a 5-0 lead and won the opening set, and looked like a new player when she came back on court. The Romanian unwrapped a new racket and attacked Riske’s serve with renewed vigor and aggression, breaking her to love in the second set’s first game.ADVERTISEMENT Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil Volcano watch: Island fissures steaming, lake water receding Jury of 7 men, 5 women selected for Weinstein rape trial Halep’s next opponent, 72nd-ranked Taylor Townsend of the United States, played her first-round match on Tuesday.“I’ll be ready,” Halep said. “We just have to adapt.”Halep needs to reach the semifinals or better this year to have a chance of holding onto her No. 1 ranking after the French Open.ADVERTISEMENT MOST READ Steam emission over Taal’s main crater ‘steady’ for past 24 hours LATEST STORIES China population now over 1.4 billion as birthrate falls Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Winfrey details her decision to withdraw from Simmons film Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award PVL: PetroGazz fends off Pocari-Air Force for 3rd straight win Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. In fight vs corruption, Duterte now points to Ayala, MVP companies as ‘big fish’
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The NWJHL playoffs are well underway as four teams battle it out for the semi-final positions.The teams currently playing in the playoffs is the North Peace Navigators vs the Fairview Flyers and the JDA County Kings vs the Sexsmith Vipers.The playoffs started on February 19.- Advertisement -The Fort St. John Huskies and the Dawson Creek Junior Canucks are in a bye, waiting for the semi-finals to begin on March 1.In the regular season standings, the Huskies came out on top with 49 points, while the Canucks finished with 46.Currently, in the NWJHL Playoff Standings, the Kings and the Flyers have two points, the Navigators with one point, and the Vipers at zero.Advertisement Current NWJHL League Playoff Standings as of February 21. Source NWJHLFor the full playoffs schedule, you can visit the NWJHL website.
• Photo Gallery: 02/07: Clippers vs. Cavaliers CLEVELAND – LeBron James did not lead the Cleveland Cavaliers in scoring, rebounds, assists, dunks or anything vital. In the aftermath of a stinging loss to Detroit on Sunday, both James and Hughes said the Cavaliers should be running more, their argument being the team is better suited for an up-tempo offensive game than the slowdown style preferred by Brown, who preaches defense first. The Cavs pushed the action when they could, attacking the rim when the opportunity was there. “It’s no secret that I like to play that way,” Hughes said. “I like to get up and run.” 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! And this time, it didn’t matter. Zydrunas Ilgauskas scored 16 points with a season-high 16 rebounds, Larry Hughes had 15 points and the Cavs hardly needed James in an easy 94-77 victory over the Clippers on Wednesday night. James scored 11 points – three above his season low and 15 below his average – and spent the first half of the fourth quarter watching as the scuffling Cavaliers, who came in just 4-8 since Jan. 16, won their fifth consecutive at home against the Clippers. “Guys took advantage of what we had,” James said. “I didn’t struggle at all. I didn’t force anything. I took what was there. Defensively, we took care of business.” Sasha Pavlovic had 16 points and Drew Gooden 13 for Cleveland, which held the Clippers to 35 percent shooting and without a field goal for nearly a nine-minute stretch bridging the third and fourth quarters. “We’re trying to figure out ways to score and get stops when LeBron doesn’t have one of his normal nights,” Cavs coach Mike Brown said. “It’s kind of been by committee.” Elton Brand led the Clippers with 21 points and Shaun Livingston had 19. The Clippers have dropped three consecutive.
1 Tottenham striker Emmanuel Adebayor Mauricio Pochettino says he is happy to keep Emmanuel Adebayor at Tottenham despite the striker being heavily linked with a deadline day move.West Ham and QPR were keen on signing the Togolese forward and he was reportedly on the verge of joining the Hammers until Spurs chairman Daniel Levy blocked the transfer.Pochettino confirmed Adebayor is fit to face his old club Arsenal in the north London derby on Saturday and backed his under fire forward to improve his form.“We are happy that he stays here because he’s a very important player,” said Pochettino.“We need to provide him the tools to help him improve his game. We try to push them and train in a good way. After, when we have the opportunity to play him, I have confidence in him, like every other player.“When you play with confidence it’s better than playing with doubt. We need to analyse the past and it was difficult for him to recover the confidence and his best level for him to compete.“People need to understand he needs time to recover his confidence.”
Manchester United have put a £100million price-tag on the head of wantaway forward Anthony Martial, report The Sun.The French star, 22, has had a mixed time at Old Trafford since his move to the club three seasons ago. 2 Manchester United star Anthony Martial wants to leave Old Trafford this summer. Anthony Martial has fallen down the pecking order at Manchester United since the arrival of Alexis Sanchez. 2 Martial has managed 36 goals in 136 appearances for the Red Devils but often found himself on the bench last term.With Alexis Sanchez joining the club and home-grown star Marcus Rashford a hit with supporters, he’s found himself down the pecking order.And Tottenham Hotspur and Paris Saint-Germain both want the player as they rebuild this summer.One of Martial’s representatives confirmed to the newspaper he wants to leave to ‘resume his career’ but a prohibitive £100million price-tag is likely to dissuade suitors from making a move. talkSPORT will be with listeners all day and all night at this year’s 2018 FIFA World Cup™ with over 800 hours of World Cup content and all 64 games live across the talkSPORT network.
This year almost 20,000 of passengers using the airport have come from the Donegal region and to say thank you the airport are offering 20% off parking at the airport for one week only when you book online on www.irelandwestairport.com Offer ends on Monday 24th October at midnight and is available for travel during any stage up to October 2017/To avail of the offer you must use the promo code DONEGAL which will qualify you for 20% discount off our best available online parking rates. With over a 100 weekly flights to choose from to a host of UK destinations such as London Luton and Stansted with Ryanair, London Gatwick with Aer Lingus, Manchester, Birmingham and Edinburgh with Flybe and Bristol, East Midlands and Liverpool with Ryanair and some of Europes most popular city and sun break destinations like Alicante, Barcelona, Croatia, Faro-Algarve, Lanzarote, Milan and Tenerife which have proved hugely popular with holidaymakers from Donegal in particular.2016 is shaping up to be the busiest year in the 30 year history of the West of Irelands main international airport. Thanks to the introduction of new flights to Birmingham and Edinburgh with Flybe and a new holiday charter service to Costa Dorada in Spain with Falcon and Thomson Holidays, the airport expects passenger numbers to increase to over 710,000 for the first time this year.The Airport now serves 22 International destinations and is served by three of Europes major International airlines, Aer Lingus, Flybe and Ryanair. Ryanair have recently launched their summer 2017 schedule which will see the airline offer flights to 12 destinations across Europe including up to four daily services to London and three times weekly services to Faro in PortugalFor a full list of destinations available from Ireland West Airport Knock in 2016 and 2017 log onto www.irelandwestairport.com or keep up to date by following us on Facebook and twitter. 20% off airport parking for Donegal customers at Knock International Airport was last modified: October 19th, 2016 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
See also:’I’m at QPR, not Man United!’ – Redknapp dismisses claims he is under pressureRangers confident of Kranjcar boostZamora: Redknapp can turn things aroundQPR boss Redknapp wants a new approach against LiverpoolFollow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
QPR have brought in Paul Konchesky but have had bids for two players rejected as they look to add to their squad ahead of the new season.An offer for highly-rated Southend United goalkeeper Dan Bentley was turned down and a bid for Bolton’s American defender Tim Ream was also unsuccessful.Rangers have added to their squad though with the signing of veteran left-back Konchesky on a season-long loan from Leicester.There continues to be speculation over the future of several QPR players, but head coach Chris Ramsey has insisted the club will not back down over the asking prices for the likes of Matt Phillips.There has also been speculation that Rangers are lining up Crystal Palace’s Dwight Gayle as a replacement for Austin. Fulham are also reported to be keen on the Eagles forward.Chelsea youngster Dominic Solanke has completed a season-long loan move to Vitesse Arnhem.Stuart Dallas and Jonathan Douglas have completed their moves from Brentford. Dallas has signed for Leeds United, while midfielder Douglas has been snapped up by Ipswich.Midfielders Dallas and Douglas have both left BrentfordFans of both buying clubs have been reacting on Twitter to the signings, with many Leeds supporters clearly having high hopes for Douglas.Fulham have also been active in the transfer market – today they signed defensive midfielder Sakari Mattila from Norwegian side Aalesunds.Meanwhile, Ickenham-based wheelchair tennis star Jordanne Whiley is celebrating winning her sixth doubles title of the year after success at the Belgian Open.Eastcote’s Andy Lapthorne was runner-up in the quad doubles.Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
LOS ANGELES — The San Francisco Giants announced the signings of 23 draft picks on Wednesday, but first round selection Hunter Bishop remains unsigned.Bishop, who was selected 10th overall, told the coaching staff at Arizona State he plans to turn pro and was enthusiastic on draft night about the prospect of playing for the franchise he grew up watching. A Palo Alto, Calif. native and graduate of Serra High (San Mateo), Bishop hit 22 home runs and posted a team-best 1.239 on-base plus …