They are Heung-min, Tottenham footballer, has already started his three weeks of military service in South Korea. The 27-year-old forward was quarantined for two weeks after returning to South Korea and, by law, must pass a milli before turning 28. Although the total period should have been 21 months, He had a reduction by proclaiming himself champion of the 2018 Asian Games. Tottenham and Son saw the opportunity to do so before the Premier League returns and are expected to return to London in mid-May. Son will be in the maritime forces on Jeju Island, where will do basic training. As part of their workouts, You will be exposed to tear gas and will shoot with firearms.
ST JOHN’S, Antigua (CMC): Former West Indies fast bowler, Sir Curtly Ambrose, said Antiguan pacer Alzarri Joseph should be promoted to the senior set-up on the basis of his ability and not his age. Joseph picked up 13 wickets to help West Indies win the ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup in Bangladesh earlier this month. The 19-year-old pacer grabbed three for 39 off 10 overs to inspire West Indies to a five-wicket win over India in the final. “I believe that age has nothing to do with if you are ready or not,” declared Ambrose. “Sachin Tendulkar, one of the greatest players ever, made his Test debut when he was 15 or 16-years-old, when I figured he should have been in school and look how turned out.” During the ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup, Joseph delivered the fastest ball in the tournament at 91.5 mph and bowled consistently around the high 80s-90 mph. He removed the stumps in four of his 13 wickets, had three lbw decisions, while three of his victims were caught by wicketkeeper Tevin Imlach off tentative edges. “So what you are telling me is that if Alzarri is doing well at age 19, and we think he can get the job done, why wait until he is 22?,” asked Ambrose, who claimed 405 Test scalps in 98 matches and 205 wickets in 172 one-day internationals. “By then he may just lose focus or say, ‘I am fed up’.” The powerfully built, 6 ft 4in Joseph hit helmet and gloves with his pace and bounce in Bangladesh to unsettle batsmen and trigger prospects of a revival in West Indies fast bowling. He bowled with similar intensity to claim seven for 46 against Windward Islands last November. “Alzarri still has a lot to learn, he has pace, which is good, but I figure that whenever I go close enough to him to sit and talk about cricket I would let him know that pace is good because you can intimidate people,” said Ambrose. “But to be able to consistently put the ball in the right area is the key and the foundation to being a great fast bowler.” Joseph returns to regional action for the Leeward Islands Hurricanes when they take on Trinidad and Tobago Red Force in Trinidad on Friday. – CMC
President of Melbourne Cricket Club, Mark Neita, is hopeful that the establishment of an academy at the institution will lead to an identification and nurturing of future Jamaica and West Indies players.The academy, which seeks to develop the talent of youngsters between the ages of nine and 17 years old, is set to open today at the club’s Courtney Walsh Drive location.”The idea behind the academy is two fold,” said Neita.”Firstly, we are responding to the call by the president of the West Indies Cricket Board for clubs and parish associations to have an academy.”This, of course, is to help with the development of players for national and regional levels.”Secondly, we at Melbourne hope to continue to enhance the technical abilities and skill of our members.”The academy, which will be headed by national assistant and Under-19 head coach, Robert Samuels, is set to run for 10 months.Throughout the period, it is expected to feature as guest coaches a number of current and past West Indies and Jamaica players. These include former West Indies captain Courtney Walsh, Robert Haynes and Nikita Miller.The academy will also turn out an Academy XI, which, according to Neita, will traverse the country to play other academy units.”The Academy XI will play a number of age-group teams from around the country, including similar academy teams from the BREDS Foundation in St Elizabeth and Lucas CC,” he said.The academy, which attracts a cost of $5,000 per month per participant, will be staged on Saturdays between the hours of 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m, and 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
The District of Taylor publishes a monthly news letter for the community. Below you will find the March edition of the Taylor Times. – Advertisement –
(818) 713-3741160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! Drawing inspiration from a high-profile anti-gang program, U.S. Attorney General Alberto Gonzales on Monday touted the education and job training provided by Homeboy Industries, but he stopped short of committing more federal money toward efforts to curb violence in L.A. Gonzales and Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa took a half-hour tour of the Boyle Heights clothing factory where some 100 former gang members are employed and discussed how the federal government might help the city in its latest campaign against gangs. “Los Angeles is in a unique situation, and we are going to look hard to see what resources are available,” Gonzales said. “These are individuals who ran through a spell of bad luck, they had some trouble, but they are trying to turn their lives around, and it really is inspiring to see that.” Founded by the Rev. Greg Boyle, a Jesuit priest, Homeboy Industries provides jobs, training, counseling and tattoo removal to current and former gang members. With a slogan “jobs not jails,” it has been held up as a model program in a city where there are nearly 40,000 gang members. Last year, gang violence soared 14 percent citywide and 44 percent in the San Fernando Valley. Part of its funding comes from a $2.5 million grant from the Justice Department that is set to expire this year. Villaraigosa is expected to announce soon his gang intervention and prevention strategy. email@example.com
Manchester United are ready to battle it out with Wolfsburg for the signature of Kamil Glik.The Torino captain has been one of the star performers in Serie A this season – even chipping with eight goals.The 27-year-old’s displays have attracted interest from several clubs, including Tottenham and Bundesliga side Wolfsburg.However, according to Tuttosport, Manchester United are ready to beat off competition to land the Poland international.Defensive reinforcements are reportedly high on Louis van Gaal’s list of summer targets and United have also been linked with a move for Borussia Dortmund captain Mats Hummels. 1 Kamil Glik in action for Torino
Wayne Rooney will remain as Manchester United captain and Jose Mourinho cannot understand why so many question the forward’s capabilities.No longer the lung-busting striker that broke onto the scene as a teenager, the 30-year-old Rooney accepted in recent months that a future in midfield beckons.It was a role Rooney performed for England at Euro 2016 having ended the season there at United under Louis van Gaal, although successor Mourinho believes the Red Devils will get the best out him in attack.Those comments upon the Portuguese’s unveiling raised fresh questions about how best to utilise Rooney, but Mourinho has big plans and a lot of trust in his skipper.“I am quite surprised with so many question marks around this guy,” the United boss said at the team hotel in Shanghai.“I know that at the national team level you have this capacity of trying to make things complicated for yourself, so what happened around him in the summer was not a surprise for me.“But in my club we are not going to have that. He is the club captain, he is the manager’s captain, he is the players’ captain.“I trust him a lot. I think he’s going to be a very important player for me and no problem for him.“He knows that he has to work hard, he knows that but I think that is nothing new in his career. Everything he got I see nobody offer him, he had to fight for it.“With me it is not going to be different. But, yes, he is my captain.”Rooney’s position in the starting line-up may be in doubt, but his Old Trafford future never looked in jeopardy.The same cannot be said for some of his United team-mates, with speculation growing around a number of players as Mourinho shapes his squad.Juan Mata’s position has come under particular scrutiny having been sold by Chelsea when Mourinho was Blues manager in January 2014, but the Portuguese was keen to set the record straight and confirmed the Spain international has an Old Trafford future.“Well again it is a strange question because I don’t understand why he doesn’t have a future,” Mourinho said.“First of all, I think maybe all of you misunderstood what happened in our previous club because I never told Mata to leave. I never pressed the club to sell him.“It was his decision and only his decision and I don’t like players that want to leave.“That’s why I think every player has a price because if one day a player wants to leave it is because he does not want to be with us.“If the player doesn’t want to be with us, goodbye – be happy where you want to go.“Juan at our previous club was not so happy because he was not my first choice at that time. He wanted to play every game.“He had a fantastic offer from a big club like Man United, he wanted to leave. My previous club had a great offer, we thought that was financially very much acceptable.“We were not with this old-fashioned idea of ‘I don’t sell players to my direct competitors inside of my own country’. We sold him to Man United and done. Nothing else.“In this moment I arrive, he’s here, he works hard. He knows that I know he is a good player and he has space in the squad.“But again until the 31st of August the market is open for every one of my players that is not happy.“But, to be fair, I think he is. I think he is happy and I am not expecting him to ask to leave. I am expecting him to do what he is doing now, which is to fight for a place.“In the end there will be space for everyone, we have 38 matches in the Premier League, we expect to play a lot of them in the Europa League and domestic cups so a squad of let’s say 22 players there will be a space for everyone. So, yes, there is a space for Juan.” Wayne Rooney 1
Tags: Allan KayiwaBul FCKCCA FCkirinya jssStarTimes Uganda Premier LeagueTooro united KCCA’s Mike Mutyaba (left) in action against Kirinya on Tuesday (Photo by KCCA FC Media)StarTimes Uganda Premier LeagueTuesday, 02-10-2018-KCCA FC 0-0 Kirinya JSS -Bul FC 0-1 Tooro United-Maroons 1-2 Vipers SCKAMPALA – KCCA FC endured a frustrating afternoon, drawing 0-0 with Kirinya JSS at the StarTimes Stadium in Lugogo on Tuesday afternoon.Coach Mike Mutebi made a couple changes from the team that started last week’s 2-1 win over Tooro with Muwadda Mawejje and Ibrahim Sadam Juma starting ahead of the injured Julius Poloto and Herbert Achai.The visitors started brightly and should have taken the lead after just four minutes only to be denied by Charles Lukwago after a poor clearance by Timothy Awany.The Kasasiro Boys responded with attacks through Patrick Kaddu and Allan Okello but could not find the break through either.At the start of the second half, Ibrahim Sadam Juma was hauled off for Allan Kyambadde to give the champions another dimension in attack but Charles Ayiekoh’s charges stood resilient till the final whistle.KCCA remain unbeaten in the new season, having won one and drawn the other of their first two games.For Kirinya, this was their first ever point off KCCA on their fifth time of asking. The Jinja-based side has now drawn both of their first two games of the season, having played out a two all thriller with SC Villa last Friday.Elsewhere, Allan Kayiwa’s second-half strike was enough to hand Tooro FC their first victory of the season.The Fort Portal based side who lost 2-1 away to KCCA FC finally registered their first three points with a hard fought 1-0 win in Njeru over Bul FC.Godfrey Lwesibawa nearly put Tooro United in the lead in the 13th only for his effort to go a few inches wide.This was a wake-up call to the hosts who responded by Richard Wandyaka’s strike which was well dealt with by Joel Mutakubwa.BUL FC was forced into an early forced substitution when Joshua Lubwama come on for injured Patrick Sembuya in the 40th minute.Minutes after the restart, Kayiwa but the away side in the lead. This was the former Express FC midfielder’s second goal of the season after scoring the consolation against KCCA on Friday.Simon Sserunkuma and Lwesibawa created several opportunities later but could not double Tooro’s advantage as Hannington Ssebwalunyo stood tall to save his side.Villa Oromchan thought he had leveled matters for BUL but his effort was ruled out for offside by referee Joseph Ochom.The results leaves BUL FC 6th while Tooro United move up to 7th from 10th.Both teams will be back in action on 16th- October as BUL will be paying a visit to Paidha Black Angels Arua and Tooro United will play host to Kirinya Jinja SS at Buhinga Stadium Fortportal.At Luzira, Vipers rallied from a goal down to defeat Maroons 2-1 in Luzira and move top of the league table.All the goals came in the first half as Pius Obuya put the hosts ahead with a sublime strike before Davis Kasirye leveled matters with his second in as many games. With half time beckoning, Moses Waiswa curled home a sublime free-kick to ensure the venoms maintain a 100% record in the new season.The other game played on Tuesday:-Express 0-0 URA FCComments
As part of ‘National Volunteer Week’ Minister Joe McHugh took time out to acknowledge the tireless work and commitment of one of Donegal’s hardest working and most committed community volunteers.Katie Callaghan, who is at the centre of all aspects of community life in Killygordon, was honoured by the Donegal TD on Sunday.Callaghan has been heavily involved in the ‘Crossroads and Killygordon’ project for decades. Katie is involved in looking after St. Patrick’s Church, the local community hall, the weekly bingo and is a former caretaker of ‘Dromore National School.Donegal woman honoured as part of National Volunteer Week was last modified: May 19th, 2019 by Shaun KeenanShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
The announcement of the 2010 matric results by Basic Education Minister, Angie Motshekga today has indicated an improvement on 2009’s performance, with the Minister describing the results as a “remarkable achievement”.South African’s support for the Class of 2010 has been phenomenal and these positive results are indicative of the communities’ spirit of Ubuntu. People opened up their homes to learners, retired teachers gave of their time, businesses offered resources and non-profit organisations facilitated opportunities for learner support.The teachers’ strike, following the suspension of teaching during the 2010 World Cup, with slightly less schooling time, undoubtedly had an effect on results. The Minister admits that it was possible that the public sector dispute might have robbed the department of its targeted 70% pass rate.“On a global level, the South Africa education system performs poorly compared to those in countries at a similar stage of development, such as Brazil, Russia, Argentina and Mexico. It is particularly worrying that the Global Competitiveness Index of the World Economic Forum (WEF) places South Africa in the bottom two performing countries with regard to the quality of maths and science education”, Matola points out. The importance of education was underlined last year at the WEF annual meeting which held a session specifically focusing on this issue. In its summary, it states that the many problems that plague the world, from poverty to global security, could be solved by better access to quality education.What is needed, says the WEF, is a partnership between the public and private sectors to develop a new vision for education that will meet the needs of the ever-changing job market. To this end, Brand South Africa and the Department of Basic Education hosted a special session with private sector companies at the end of November 2010 to magnify the need for an integrated approach to educational delivery. Matola continues, “Brand South Africa recognises this and is driving a call to make education a societal issue. This joint ownership of education is in the spirit, too, of Ubuntu – one of collective support and engagement beyond the bounds of family, friends and colleagues to a broader society”.The matric results, achieved under difficult conditions, re-affirm that South Africans, as always, are able to find creative solutions”, concludes Matola.ends